Effective Date: October 10, 2019
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
No personal information is collected about you when you visit the Website unless you choose to provide to us information through our Contact Form or unless you choose to include your personal information in the comments form, this includes personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, personally identifiable information, email addresses, names, identities of health systems, addresses, states or provinces of residence or business, ZIP/postal codes, cities, cookies and usage data. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we determine may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
If you leave a comment on the Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be effective for one year. If you have an account and you log in to the Website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no Personal Data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log into the Website, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies will be effective for two days, and screen options cookies will be effective for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article or blog, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no Personal Data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. This cookie expires after 1 day. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Embedded content from other websites
We may also collect information how the Website and our services are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on the Website (if any), we also store the Personal Data they provide in their user profile. Generally, users can see, edit, or delete their Personal Data (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. You understand and agree, however, that it may not be possible to completely delete all information from our databases and in such case, we may retain (but not display, distribute, or perform) server copies of your information that have been removed or deleted from your account.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on the Website, have left comments, or have left contact information on a Contact Form, you can request to receive an exported file of the Personal Data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any Personal Data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Some areas of the Website may be public areas. For example, any blog posts or article posts will be viewable to the public. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We do not guarantee the accuracy or your safety when posting on any of these public areas.
Where we send your data and disclosure of information
Visitor comments may be checked or verified through an automated spam detection service. We may also use your Personal Data to contact you for any purpose. We may also use your Personal Data to seek to detect, investigate and prevent illegal activities or activities that may violate our policies.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for various purposes.
- To contractors and service providers we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
- To third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our tours and business activities or who provide products or services to you as part of our tour packages and related business activities.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- When we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety and that of our customers or others.
Neither the Website nor our services are intended to address anyone under the age of 18 years (a “Child”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 years. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from any Child without verification of parental consent, we use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our servers.
Transfer Of Data
How we seek to protect your data ?
We use reasonable efforts to cause the Website to be scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities.
We use regular Malware Scanning
We use reasonable efforts to implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order through the Website or when a user enters, submits, or accesses his or her information to enhance the safety of your Personal Data.
All transactions made through the Website are processed through a third-party gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data and other personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Website by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
Social Media Policy